Events & News
Face coverings are required and we encourage a 60 minute time limit.
These hours are in effect beginning Monday October 12.
- Monday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
What Services are Available?
- Browse, Hold Pickup, & Checkouts
- Computer - One hour maximum, no extensions.
- Meeting Room is open for 2 people per table, and Cafe is open for 1 person per table. The Meeting room will be unavailable during Early Voting. Please view our calendar for early voting dates.
- Cafe Booksale is open, but we are not able to take any new donations. View more info on donations here.
- Curbside Service is available for those who prefer not to enter the building. Call 630-466-4686 when you are parked in the front lot during open hours and we will bring your items out to your car.
What Services are Not Available?
- Study Rooms, Back Porch, Storytime Room, Board Room, Play Areas, & Teen Zone are closed.
- We can not accept material donations at this time. View more info on donations here.
- Our drive-up window remains closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my items? At this time, we are not able to renew items. All types of items are checked out for 3 weeks.
Can I return my items? Yes, our bookdrops are open for returns. We have 3 places to put your book returns. You can walk up in the front atrium area to return your items near the Little Free Food Pantry, OR you can use the back drive-up book return. Please do not hand your returns to staff members, but use the return slots at the main desk.
I returned my items, but they are still on my account. Can you check for the missing items?
For the safety of staff and community, we will check your items in 7 days after they are returned. We are going Fine Free for Now. This does not apply to lost or damaged items. Your card will be blocked if items are not returned within 21 days, which will prevent you from further checkouts. Please ensure you return your items on time. You can place a hold on another copy of your item if you need additional time. If you need assistance please email us or call 630-466-4686
Are you still providing Curbside Service? Yes, but we are not using the text message system. To retrieve your holds or have librarians select materials for you, please call us when you are in the front parking lot and we will bring materials out to you. 630-466-4686
I have a health condition and can not wear a mask inside the building. How can I use the library? Patrons will be provided a face shield for use inside the library during their visit if this is preferable. Otherwise, we will bring items out to your car. Call 630-466-4686 for this service. Please view our new Patron Policy on Face Masks.
Can I book a meeting room? No, at this time there are no meeting room reservations.
Can I book a study room? No, but we do have space available for studying. We have opened up the Cafe for one person per table, or the large Meeting Room C with two people per table. Tables have plexiglas dividers and hand sanitizers, and masks must be worn.
Do you have any programs? We are providing craft kits to go, outdoor book discussions, story times, and knitting. We are also providing links to great virtual events going on. Please view our calendar for more information. There are no indoor programs at this time.
Are you an early voting location? How do I register to vote? Please view the answers to those questions here.
Questions? Click here to email us
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
- 10/3/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/26/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/21/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/10/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/2/20 E-Newsletter -Adults
- 7/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 7/1/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/27/20 Press Release on Phased Reopening
- 6/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 6/11/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/28/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/20/20 E-Newsletter - Adult (same email sent to all ages)
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 5/8/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/7/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 4/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/7/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/6/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 3/27/20 E-Newsletter
- 3/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 3/16/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/14/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/12/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
Virtual Library Branch is Open 24/7
Visit the Library's Virtual Branch now to learn about the Library's ebook apps for your phone, device, or computer browser:
Click here: https://www.sgpl.org/e-books
Visit this list of resources to help during this time, compiled by Librarians.
Library Annual Report